In an effort to maintain the Gorilla EA separate from the Gorilla Method thread from Cm7, I’m organising this thread. Please maintain the dialogue solely to the EA’s. I’ll publish any modifications and enhancements to the EA right here.
In case you are concerned within the testing of the EA, please publish your outcomes right here on the finish of every week.
Earlier EA posts copied beneath:
I modified one in every of my different EA’s to the Gorilla buying and selling guidelines. To run this EA, put the nonlagdot file within the indicators folder and compile, put the currencySignals file within the embody folder (don’t have to compile), and the Gorilla_EA_v1.0 in consultants folder and compile. Entry guidelines and exit guidelines are within the feedback on the prime of the EA code.
I additionally added just a few choices and extra options:
– AutoMagicNumber: if that is true, you don’t have to assign a magic # for all main pairs and main crosses. If false, you may decide a magic #. That is helpful if you wish to keep ready long run and add to it, take away the EA, then set a brand new EA with AutoMagicNumber = false and you may assign a brand new magic #. If the EA closes out the 2nd place resulting from buying and selling guidelines, the primary might be open nonetheless (since completely different magic #).
– longTarget / shortTarget: manually set these is you need to get out at a selected value. I wish to set at swing highs / swing lows as that’s the place individuals normally put SL and it’s an excellent place to exit as SL are run.
– wantLongs / wantShorts: self-explanatory
– useNLD filter: non lag dot (NLD) is evaluated on 5 and 15 min charts. Each should point out up for longs. If value is falling on 1 hr chart at/close to EMA30, and useNLD = true, then EA won’t enter until value heads up on 5, 15 min TF’s.
– pipsFromEMA: variety of pips from EMA30 to enter commerce (assuming different standards is met). Set to 0 to enter at EMA30.
– X offset: that is for shifting the textual content on the suitable of the EA if it doesn’t match in your display screen.
– use_sl_and_tp: if true, each values should have a price apart from 0. If you would like 30 pip SL and don’t need to use a TP, put TP as a big quantity (200 or one thing). Should you put 0, then it should TP on the ask and exit straight away
– trailStop_std: self-explanatory
– MaxSpread: self-explanatory
There may be additionally a characteristic for stopping new trades past weekly R2 or beneath weekly S2, or if ready to exit there on the R2 or S2. I’ve carried out statistical evaluation, and the chance of closing past the weekly R2 / S2 shouldn’t be that top so greatest to exit or keep out.
The EA additionally exhibits the energy for every foreign money which make up the foreign money pair from the 5 min to 4 hr TF’s. The energy goes from -7 to 7 for every foreign money. So if in case you have EUR = 5, USD = -6, the distinction is 11, which is a reasonably good pattern. I feel that getting into solely lengthy when the distinction in pattern is robust on 4 hr or 1 hr is perhaps the way in which to go. Proper now these foreign money energy numbers don’t have an effect on the EA buying and selling logic, however I’ll incorporate it into future variations. This may hopefully filter out the chop and solely get in on long run tendencies.
Within the subsequent model, I plan on including a characteristic to put in writing to a .csv file when each commerce is entered the foreign money energy values, after which later write to a file when the commerce was closed and cause for closing (4 < 15 EMA, and many others.). I feel having information like it will assist information us to when the EA is buying and selling effectively (in good long run tendencies, and many others.).
Let me know if anybody has any questions, or ideas how one can enhance the EA.
I’ve been engaged on the Gorilla EA v1.1 (hooked up beneath), and one other completely different mission which I hope might be significantly better than Gorilla. I nonetheless want to check each.
I might recognize assist from individuals on this discussion board for testing Gorilla EA 1.0 and 1.1 (with 2 completely different choices). I would like to match to see which one is best. Check with the usual settings within the EA, besides v1.1 might want to change one possibility.
Requesting a number of individuals check on demo accounts 24/5, and on the finish of the week publish the account historical past for his or her information right here. I would really like testing to be carried out from 1/2/19 to 2/1/19. After that, I’ll do evaluation of output information, and take a look at the EA and see the place it may be improved. The EA have to be checked at first of the Asian session, and reset if revenue hit or stopped out as per the buying and selling logic.
Testing have to be carried out on the next pairs:
AUDCAD AUDCHF AUDJPY AUDNZD AUDUSD CADCHF CADJPY CHFJPY EURAUD EURCAD EURCHF EURGBP EURJPY EURNZD EURUSD GBPAUD GBPCAD GBPCHF GBPJPY GBPNZD GBPUSD NZDCAD NZDCHF NZDJPY NZDUSD USDCAD USDCHF USDJPY
I might be testing my new superior EA and in addition Gorilla v1.1. If my new EA (and future modifications) are worthwhile, I’ll share with individuals who assist out in testing for the complete month for Gorilla EA 1.0 and 1.1 (with 2 completely different choices). I may also create a brand new thread for my new EA because it departs a lot from the Gorilla EA logic.
Now … the adjustments I created from v1.0 to v1.1:
// v1.1 – added EMAdistance which can confirm that the space from the EMA4 to EMA15 and EMA15 to EMA30
// is at the least x pips. It will forestall entries when costs are flat and little to no distance between EMAs. Default x = 5
// – added prevEMA4 and prevEMA15. That is the earlier worth of the EMA’s 1 hr again. EMA4 have to be > prevEMA4
// and EMA15 have to be > prevEMA15 for longs. Reverse for shorts.
// – added AutoPipsFromEMA. If that is set to true, then pipsFromEMA = 30 for bigger shifting pairs, and 20 for regular pairs
// – added NLD filter so 5 min NLD and 15 min NLD (shorter time period tendencies) should align to every part else for buys/sells
// – added if past day by day R2, then exit on 5 min NLD change.
// – notification of cause for exiting after commerce closed in higher proper a part of the display screen.
// – transfer SL to b/e as soon as R1/S1 hit
// – added choice to solely commerce if value above/beneath weekly pivot (weeklyPivotFilter). if weeklyPivotFilter = true:
// – value > weekly pivot
// – 4hr EMA4 > EMA15
// – 4 hr EMA4 > prev. EMA4 (similar for EMA15)
The entry logic appears to be working effective. The solely factor I’ve not examined but is to maneuver SL to b/e as soon as R1/S1 hit. Please let me know if there are any points within the EA not executing because it ought to (buying and selling guidelines are on the prime of the EA).
I feel a variety of the adjustments I made to the EA will get rid of a variety of the chop and dangerous trades.
Once more, I would like a number of individuals to check the next after the New Yr on all pairs for 1 month on demo, and publish the commerce historical past on the finish of every week for the next EA exams:
– Gorilla v1.0
– Gorilla v1.1 (weeklyPivotFilter = false)
– Gorilla v1.1 (weeklyPivotFilter = true)
I’ve many new concepts to enhance the buying and selling logic (coded into my new EA which I’m individually testing), and can gladly share if individuals assist out in testing the above for 1 month.
v 1.0a and 1.1a – eliminated foreign money sign calculations to unencumber reminiscence utilization
Gorilla v1.2 – v1.0a logic was modified and added a trailing SL. When pipsToTrailSL (default setting = 5) is exceeded, EA will path SL and exit on 15 min NLD change.
Gorilla v1.3 – v1.1a logic was modified and added a trailing SL. When pipsToTrailSL (default setting = 5) is exceeded, EA will path SL and exit on 15 min NLD change.